Saturday, January 17, 2015

Spiritual Thought

Our purpose in this life is to prepare to meet God and return to his presence. In my mind I picture everyone having their own set of stairs, some steeper and some shorter than others, but every set has gaps, or little pits along the way. And at these gaps, instead of merely climbing or walking up the steps, it is required that we take a jump, or a leap, in order to continue onward up our set of spiritual stairs. Yes sometimes we fall short and don´t make it all the way to the other side, and sometimes we may be stuck in the pit for a while not knowing how to get out. But I have come to realize that the Lord is always, ALWAYS there to pull us out and put us back on our spiritual stairway, usually back in front of the pit, and wants us to try and make that jump again. 

But if we never jump we won´t continue to grow.

I feel like coming on a mission was a big jump. I didn´t know what to expect and I sometimes I feel inadequate. But, I jumped with faith that the Lord would help along the way and I have honestly been able to see his hand in my life and I am living the blessings that are coming from making that jump. 

I don´t know if that makes any sense, but I am so sorry for that Elder because yes, a mission isn´t easy, but I wouldn´t trade what I have learned thus far for ANYTHING! It truly is amazing and a one of a kind experience.

Thank you for everything and keep working hard with those MTC missionaries!

MUCH LOVE, Hermana Blair

Ether 12:6 "....I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore dispute not because ye see not, for ye recieve no witness until after the trial of your faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment