Monday, November 3, 2014

Prayer and Shania Twain

Well I don´t have a whole lot of time or a whole bunch to report on. Pictures still aren´t working, my comp says that the computers here are the worst she has ever used so maybe things will be better in other areas...in the long future. 

I have come to the realization that Shania Twain really is my favorite singer. I mean she has always been up there on my charts, but there was a time during my teenage years where I kind of just forgot about her. Also, it is so weird how one moment I can be really happy and loving life and then 5 minutes later really discouraged. I now know that mood swings are a real thing and have never experienced so many in my life! And during these times is when I realize that Shania Twain is my favorite and that her lyrics really just speak to me, because, "Man, I feel like a woman."

Me and my companion are doing work and having fun. I have been concentrating a lot on prayer lately. I remember when I was younger I thought that prayers were only said at night and before meals, and then one day me and mckell were doing something and she talked about how she prays all the time. (we were probably like 12 or 13) and I was like whoa, mckell, how many times do you pray in a day, and she acted like it was obvious and said "oh goodness like 20 to 30!" and I remember that I was completely blown away because I didn´t realize that we could pray whenever or about whatever. And since that time I have really tried to apply the gift or prayer more frequently in my life and I can honestly see so many blessings that have come from it.

Moroni 7 is my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon, I was reading it in today and verse 26 says ..."Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, with faith believing that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done unto you."

And scriptures like that actually appear a lot throughout the Book of Mormon. I have been praying so hard, and almost constantly, for so many different things lately and honestly, HONESTLY, my prayers have been answered. But we can´t just ask and not act. I strongly believe in the 50/50 rule. More like 100/100 I guess. But we have to do all that we can, show that we are trying to follow the Savior and do what he has asked, and then we will be able to recieves those blessings.

Prayer is real. It is a gift from God. Use it.

I also want to say just how grateful I am for all the love and support I have recieved while serving. I feel so blessed and the support means so much, I don´t have the words to express it.

I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you do for me!

xoxox

Hermana Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment