Sunday, October 19, 2014

Abbey in Argentina

Heavens to betsy, I cannot handle the computers here. Sorry, this email is going to be so weird. Not all of the pictures would send, so here is one of me and Hermana Matheson.
 


Holllla Mi Amigos y Mi Familia!
 
First off, I want to say thank you for all of the love and support from everyone. I am doing great here in Argentina and I know that your prayers are working. I always enjoy the emails and letters. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
 
I never know where to begin. I guess I didn´t say who my comp was in my last email? Her name is Hermana Vargas, she is from Lima, Peru, she is almost 23 three, and is the sweetest nicest person ever. Wait a second, I did say that last week, I remember. Anyway, I am her last companion, she must have needed to learn about patience or something because I sure am giving her a run for her money with this whole lack of spanish thing (I try every moment of every day to work on the language. Dont worry)
 
I have no idea how to use any of the technology here so sorry if I don´t get to your emails this week, and sorry that I can´t send a lot of pictures.
 
My apartment is great. My bed is the comfiest thing I have ever laid on. I don´t know if that is because I work all day or if it really is comfy. We have a washer and dryer which I am so grateful for! Not the type you might be thinking of, but it is great. We pour three buckets of hot water into the washer, pour in some soap, and then it whirls it around a bit. Then to rinse we do the same thing, minus the soap. Our dryer is a short cylindar looking thing, we put our clothes in, and it spins the clothes around really fast so all the water can drain into a bucket below, and then we just hang everything all around the apartment to really dry. Some missionaries dont have that so I am really really grateful.

 
My area is gorgeous. The Andes are beautiful. The people (in the branch) are so loving and happy. I am so blessed to be here.
 
One day me and my companion were studying in a park like area. A homeless man came up to me and started talking to us, I guess he was asking me to read him the bible. He didnt have any teeth so besides the fact that it was in spanish I couldnt really understand him. Anyway, so he starts trying to read my book of mormon, I had no idea what was going on so I just sat there waiting for my companion to do something. He kept talking, and kept petting the pages of my scriptures. My companion started to gather her stuff so I did the same. Then the guy started to pet my head and that was when we really got up to leave, haha. My comp did give him a pass along card though, which he then kissed and held to the sky. But yeah weird stuff like that happens ALL the time. But dont worry Mother, my companion knows her stuff and does a great job at keeping this oblivious American safe.
 
Conference was great! We werent able to watch is but I was able to listen to it through a tiny computer speaker. Sadly it was hard to get a lot out of it because there were 4 of us in the room if anyone even breathed a little too loud we couldnt hear. Just one more reason to keep pushing my spanish so I can read the talks in the Liahona. So I didnt get to hear all of them but out of the ones that I did hear I liked Richard G. Scotts the best. That man is awesome. I bet his prayers are an hour long, he is a great example to everyone. Anyway. He talked a lot about family and prayer. The entire time I could only think about how the Second Coming really is nearing and that we need to do all that we can to prepare to be ready for it. Whatever it is that we need to change in our life in order to become worthy, we just need to do it! We need to "care more about what the Savior thinks of us" because in the end it is Him who will be our judge. I want to be with all of my friends and family in the Celestial Kingdom and I am willing to do whatever it takes to make it there. We cant just let life pass us by. The Gospel provides us with so many opportunites to enjoy complete happiness. That is one of the reasons I am out serving. Not only to share this message with the people of Mendoza Argentina, but to you as well!
 
I am so grateful for the time I have already had and for the rest of the time I will have in Argentina. It is such a crazy yet wonderful opportunity to be here. Thank you thank you for all of the prayers, love, and support. I love each one of you and think of every.single.one. of you everyday.
 
With Love,
 
Hermana Blair
 
blog: fromabigail@blogspot.com I probably wont be able to include everyone in a group email again, but on the right side of the blog there is a box where you can enter your email address and you will be emailed when the blog is updated. I can honestly say that the one thing that has tested my patience the entire mission has been this particular Argentine computer. God Bless The USA.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment