Saturday, September 20, 2014

Another Day, Another Destiny.... or just same destiny

 Hola Familia y Amigos,

So I don't really feel like I have a whole lot to report on this week. This past week has flown by and I have actually loved almost every second of being here. Sometimes, 3 hours of a teacher blabbering away in spanish at 7 in the morning isn't always the most fun, but honestly everything other than that is the best! My spanish is coming a long slowly but surely. Us hermanas decided to do a little competition to see who could speak the least english. Whoever loses has to where what ever clothes in their closet match the least. I haven't lost yet, but I will send a picture when I do. The Elders decided to get in on the game too and one Elder had to shave his legs last night. It is actually pretty funny to see all of us trying our best to speak the language. I can't conjugate at all and sound like quite the gringa, but I am fine with it. I have faith that the language will come.

I ate my first salad this week! Yes I have gone 19 years without ever eating a salad and yes I don't feel like I have been missing out. My salad probably had more croutons than it did lettuce, but I still ate it nonetheless. In fact I actually had two salads this week. Which those will probably be the least of my worries food wise for the next little bit.

Each night we have a "spotlight" for one of the members in our district. At first it started out as just complimenting that person and saying what we like, but it has since turned into quite the show featuring the chosen person in their very own spotlight. It is a lot of fun and it has really helped our district grow closer. I really do love everyone in my district. We do everything together and have become a close little family out here in the big empty sea. We play volleyball together every day and our district is actually really good, so that has been really fun for me!

I saw Mckenley yesterday! I was so happy to see her, I had been waiting all day. We saw each other at dinner and we were able to talk for a little bit. It is weird because we can't really hang out or anything, but I was so happy to see here and I am really excited for her. 

It rained, like poured, here a couple of days ago. There were big puddles everywhere! Me and Hermana Harris ended up not having a lesson to teach because our investigator didn't show so we went out and took some pictures. I am also so grateful for the Hermanas that I am here with. They are all so funny and we get along great. I am also grateful for all of my friends that are serving right now as well. Their emails really make me have a more positive attitude and somehow make what I am doing here, more fun. I am SO GRATEFUL that I have this opportunity to serve. I am so blessed and I am learning so much about the gospel and myself. Thank you for all of the love and support! I am so grateful for everyone in my life! 

xoxo

Hermana Blair


Elder Benedict in the spotlight


Because why not sit in a puddle


This is when I fell in....Just kidding I was hopping through the puddle with my chair and having a grand ol time


Me and Ken. The cereal at the MTC is how she will survive. (just kidding kenley.....ha..ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment