Sunday, July 13, 2014

13.1, glad it's done!




A couple of weeks ago my family and I tried our hands (or should I say feet?) at something new. We traveled about 45 minutes up into Idaho and got ready to run on a cold rainy day. I just especially love the picture above, my mom was not having it with photography that day. oh and dad you are pretty cool too.


 ^^too cold to be outside^^

I have always wanted to run a half marathon and I made it a goal to do so before my mission. This race was my "lovely" Christmas present from my Dad last year, so yes I had known about it for a long while. However, with that said, I somehow completely neglected to train. Up until the day of the half, I still had never run more than 3 miles at a time. My older sister, who was planning to run it with me, couldn't make it, so Ashley (who woke up that morning thinking she was about to run a 5k) stepped up and decided to run it with me. All I can say is that there is some gutsss!


                 ^^Confirming that she really wanted to do this^^                                   ^^our honest feelings at that moment^^




^^Less than half a mile left^^


And we finished! I thought we did pretty swell considering we didn't train and were able to run almost the entire time (There were two HUGE hills throughout the race that most everyone walked up) so I am pretty proud of the both of us (and my dad, though he smoked us) and look forward to running another in the future!





No comments:

Post a Comment